What is it?
June 2, 2020
We hope that you and your children enjoyed our introduction video to Indoor World! As promised, here are details about our exciting program for this summer.
What is Indoor World?
“Indoor World” is our unique, innovative program which will bring our Camp Stone Community together this summer. Since we cannot be together in person, our goal is to provide an opportunity for us to maintain our connection to each other and to the wacky, fun and meaningful experiences that only Camp Stone provides us with each summer.
When will Indoor World take place and how do I sign up?
The program will take place from Sunday night, June 28 to Sunday night, July 12. There is NO CHARGE, but you must fill out the necessary registration and other forms on your Camp-In-Touch account. You will receive a second email shortly regarding the enrollment process. All campers enrolled for Summer 2020 entering Grades 3-10 are eligible.
Please see our tentative daily schedule attached. We are aware of the complexity of creating a schedule for our international community and the various time zones of our campers. We have done our best and will, whenever possible, try to accommodate all of our Indoor World campers when planning special events and activities throughout the program.
How do I get to Indoor World?
On our website, click on the brand new Indoor World button which will transport you on a wild and exciting journey! It will be unveiled on June 28 just in time for our program – https://campstone.org/indoor-world
What will the program consist of?
1. Meet-ups of Kvutzot – Campers will be divided into kvutzot (bunk groups) to participate in frequent meet-ups for games and connections with counselors. There will be a coordinated time for each group each day based on the availability of the group members.
2. Chavrutot, Shiurim and learning opportunities for the whole family!
- Daily Chavrutot for those who are interested. Small groups are the most effective way to utilize virtual communication technologies. These meetings can facilitate meaningful connections and conversations. Our unique Tochnit will be expressed through the topics covered in our daily chavruta-shiur. It is important that campers who commit to Chavrutot follow through, and the timing will be subject to the availability of the group.
- Optional daily shiurim for campers including Shiur Mishnayot in the morning, Halacha Yomit, Shaat Shut, 301s and lots more opportunities for signature Camp Stone style learning.
- Daily shiurim and educational opportunities for the whole family – Our international community of world class educators will provide learning opportunities for our Tzevet and parents around the world.
- Family Shabbat Materials – Parsha packets, Shabbat table discussion guides and signature Camp Stone parsha trivia.
- A full program for 17 Tammuz.
3. “Red Hot Scores” – Ongoing competitions among families, between bunks, and as individuals. These will include daily challenges, hilarious tasks, and other point-earning opportunities, culminating in prizes for winning campers and teams at the end of the summer. Standings will be displayed prominently on leaderboards on the website.
4. “The Amphitheater” – A variety of live and recorded audio and video content streamed on the website – everything from a vlog to a podcast to reality-style TV. Get ready to tune in for “Boker Tov, Sugar Grove!” on our morning radio show!
5. Night Tochniot by Eidah!!
6. Daily peulot and chugim – Utilizing either streaming technology or a virtual platform for meeting up, campers will have the opportunity to participate in a wide variety of camp activities and chugim. Examples include: melechet yad, sports challenges, teva (nature and outdoor activities), music classes, drama games, dance and exercise classes and activities, cooking and baking activities and demonstrations, chess, book club, and so much more. These offerings will be available to anyone who is interested, they will be posted on the website, and supply lists, when necessary, will be provided in advance. These programs are completely optional. Just choose what to join and when!
7. Separate Leadership Training Track for our Machal aged campers.
8. Erev Shabbat Mifkad, Kabbalat Shabbat, Havdalah, Slow Shira, Machane Trivia, Kaytana Alef Vav Minyan, special programs and lots more.
If my child was supposed to be a first time camper for Summer 2020, is it worth it to participate?
Absolutely! This is a wonderful way to be introduced to the magic of Camp Stone, albeit from afar. We will make kvutzot of new campers who will have the opportunity to meet each other and then connect to familiar faces when they arrive in camp next year.
As a parent, what is my involvement in Indoor World?
Our staff will connect to your children through the email address and contact information you provide. Our goal is to nurture and sustain healthy, positive and fun relationships. Your role is to make sure your child is invested in participating in the programs, and does not engage in a way that detracts from the success of the groups and activities.
Why are we doing this?
Our approach to camping and experiential education at Camp Stone is unique and defining. We are working with our tzevet to connect us to the core elements of what makes camp magical and transformative even under the circumstances that we find ourselves in. We hope to generate lots of laughs, ignite conversations, nurture relationships, and bring us back to our summer home at Camp Stone in whatever ways we can. This summer – more than ever – Ki B’Nafsheinu Hu!
Seriously, though, what is Indoor World?
Indoor World is one of our multi-purpose structures in camp used for everything from sporting events to color war presentations. Some important Indoor World facts for Machane Trivia may include: 1. How tall is Indoor World? 2. Who named the structure? 3. What year was it built? And now, in Summer 2020, Indoor World will become so much more……
Looking forward to an awesome time,
Estee & Yakov and the entire Camp Stone Team